Tiger Life

AutoZone Liberty Bowl

Evan Williams, Staff

On December 30th, two teams will go head to head at Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium with hopes of winning the 2.4 million dollar payout.The game will pit the hometown Memphis Tigers against the Iowa State Cyclones. This will be the first matchup of these two teams ever. Both teams have had really good seasons. The Memphis Tigers have been lead by their powerful duo of Quarterback Riley Ferguson and All-American wide receiver Anthony Miller. The Cyclones have had a great season themselves with victories over TCU and a win over the College Football Playoff bound Oklahoma Sooners.

Memphis has had their best season in school history in Coach Mike Novell’s second season. The Tigers are currently sitting at ten wins and two losses. The Tigers have had a great season with wins over two top 25 teams in Navy and UCLA. The Tigers have been lead by senior gunslinger Riley Ferguson. Ferguson has improved much this season while throwing for 3,971 yards and he also posted a 36:9 touchdown to interception ratio. The Tigers will also look to use their powerful run game with their trio of backs, that could possibly be four if senior running back Dorland Dorceus is able to play. Darrell Henderson has lead the Tigers in rushing yards, while Patrick Taylor Jr. has lead the team in touchdowns and attempts. The Tigers also have a dangerous return game with Tony Pollard who has returned five touchdowns on the year. The Tigers also have All-American receiver Anthony Miller who will be playing his final game as a Tiger before going pro.

The Iowa State Cyclones have had a great season with wins over TCU and Oklahoma. The Cyclones saw a brief stent inside the top 25 before struggling towards the end of the season. The Cyclones have gone 7-5 this season. They have been lead by starting Quarterback Kyle Kempt.

The game will be aired on ESPN. The game is at 11 am and is on December 30th. Memphis is Projected to win and it should be a great game.