Tiger Life

Update on Arlington High School Boys Basketball Team

Brogan Brewer, Sports Staff

The Arlington Tigers basketball team kicked the season of a couple months ago in November. The Tigers schedule a tough schedule every year to make their team better in the long run. District play is the biggest thing towards the coaches and the players so they can get a good seed in their district tournament and regional play. The main goal for this team is to make the state tournament and win it all. That will be the first state championship in Arlington basketball program. The season has not been as good as everyone expected but going into district play right now the tigers are getting it together. They attended Illinois for a Christmas tournament and played in an Briarcrest tournament. The highlight win of the season was during a national ranked tournament. The Tigers knocked off Oldsmar Christian out of Florida and played a close game to Lincoln prep. The tigers went 1-2 in Illinois and then 1-3 in the Briarcrest tournament. In the district is Bartlett, Bolton, Cordova, and Kingsbury. Currently the tigers are 0-2 in district play with losses to a good Cordova and Bartlett ball club. The leadership role from the seniors Brogan Brewer, Ray Price, Boston Miller, and Garrett Goldday will come in full effect these next couple weeks trying to get this team right before the district tournament takes place. They will play all the district teams two times so they can get revenge on Bartlett and Cordova. Coach Don Deaton and Brandon Wallace have this team prepared to be very successful.

About the Writer
Brogan Brewer, Sports Staff

Brogan Brewer is a senior at Arlington High School and has been on the basketball team since his freshman year.

“What do Tigers dream of?”

1 Comment

One Response to “Update on Arlington High School Boys Basketball Team”

1. Bobby on February 16th, 2018 11:10 pm

This is dope the whole website and stuff

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The Digital Media Publication of Arlington High School