Tiger Life

Former News Anchor becomes ACS Communications Coordinator

Tyler Hill, native of Mississippi, was recently hired as the Communications Coordinator for Arlington Community Schools. Before he worked as Communications Coordinator, he was a news anchor for WTVA. Mr. Hill’s life as a TV anchor was very demanding. His job consisted of going to work at 3:00 a.m. and finding a new topic to film and report on everyday. He had to film his own b-roll, write interview questions, and report live from the field. After he finished the morning news, he would eat lunch, then start the whole process over again for the afternoon broadcast.

Hill’s inspiration to major in Broadcast Journalism started in high school. He took many theater and public speaking classes which led him to study Broadcast Journalism. Hill had a passion for public speaking. He loved working in broadcasting because he liked meeting new people, learning about different cultures, and learning something new every day. Hill’s all-time favorite journalist is CBS News Journalist Steve Hartman. He loves how Hartman can change a factual story into a story that can tug at people’s hearts.

Mr. Hill wants to let students who think about majoring in Broadcasting Journalism to “aim for the heart”.  He says that “instead of being a reporter who just ask questions, ask questions that evoke people’s emotions.” If you have this motive then Broadcast Journalism might be for you. Tyler Hill is now working as the Communications Coordinator of Arlington Community Schools. In five years, he hopes to be “developing the best school district communications team in the state.”

We are lucky to have Tyler Hill with us at Arlington Community Schools and look forward to working beside him.