Michelle+Magolia

Michelle Magolia

Arlington Community Schools

Board games, coloring books, and crafts. These items and so much more littered across Mrs. Michelle Magolia’s room.

I’m a kid person. To me and setting a child up for their future, that just inspires me.

— Michelle Magolia

From fun buzzers to interactive technology, Mrs. Michelle keeps her students engaged, and active during her sessions with students. Enjoying working with kids, Mrs. Michelle has felt a calling to help youth prosper in their daily life. “I’m a kid person. To me setting up a child for their future, that just inspires me.”

Studious and attentive, Mrs. Magolia studied at Baptist University, she enjoyed how this career had options in both the medical field and in the educational field. “It was like a middle ground between being a teacher and a nurse.” 

Being one of the counselors at Arlington community schools, she encounters multiple students with different types of speech and language impediments. Her job entails working with “kids that have a little trouble with their fluency, stuttering, or their arms… and then on the other hand I do language therapy… working on their vocabulary, and getting them to, if they’re nonverbal, I try to help them become verbal by using devices or their own speech.” 

Having worked with Shelby County schools, she is no stranger to working with students here in Tennessee. Having helped students of all ages, she said a favorite of hers was a middle school student who struggled with stuttering. “This child had stuttered, basically his whole life, and was very scared to talk in class. And after a whole semester of working with him, he came out of his shell, and was able to stand in front of the class and read his paper.” 

Passionately serving the students at the Arlington Community schools, she says for anyone inspiring to work in this field, “Make sure that you have the heart for it, because you really have to care about the kids.”  

Mrs. Michele Magolia is looking forward to a great year working with students at Arlington Community Schools 

Tiger Life • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to Tiger Life
$250
$1500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

AHS TigerLife intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards.
All TigerLife Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *