Diana Graise

Not many teachers can say they were born in Germany, but for Diana Graise, this is something she is proud of. She loves and believes in what she teaches, and is determined to prove to the 7th and 8th graders of Arlington Middle that science is everywhere. “It’s all about getting them excited for science the way I am,” said Mrs. Graise for what she wants to bring to the students as a teacher.

It’s all about getting them excited for science the way I am,

— Diana Graise

Mrs. Graise moved to Mississippi at a young age and has lived in Memphis since 2006. Mrs. Graise enjoys amateur photography and gardening in her free time. Mrs. Graise has two dogs: “currently only two, but we typically foster.”

It is her 21st year teaching. “It was actually a volunteer situation, I was at a summer camp, they needed somebody to teach swimming.”

Mrs. Graise found Arlington 10 years ago, “I was house hunting in 2012 and the realtor took us around and we came through Arlington.” Discovering Arlington Middle School position through an old colleague, “I heard about it from and old co-worker, I liked the dynamics and applied.”

Mrs Graise uses the resources we have in Tennessee to help give a more active approach to the classroom. “The companies we have in Tennessee and what they are doing, you can show students what they are actually doing in real life.” She uses hands on lessons to keep the students engaged and interested. “We have a new science lab being built and it will have windows, students can watch what is happening in the lab and the work being done. We have an egg incubator in class and we have eggs growing right now.”

Mrs. Graise, like any new teacher, has faced some challenges being in a new school system: “ Like just switching over from being a PC person to Apple person. Like you have your Apple phone or your iPad, you think you know? No, but you don’t really know.”

”There are no regrets. No regrets. You just roll with the changes and adjustments,” says Mrs. Graise, with a smile. “Excited to have a great year with my seventh and eight graders.”

Tiger Life • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to Tiger Life
$250
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

AHS TigerLife intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards.
All TigerLife Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *