Donelson Elementary New Teachers 2022-2023

Tina Stout

HaleyJane Shannon, Journalist

The morning bell rings and third grade Donelson Elementary students race across campus to be the first to greet their new teacher, Mrs. Tina Stout.  "Students in the morning can greet me with a choice of hug, handshake, high-five, fist bump, or even a pinky hug. They love it so much." Tina Stout is one of the new third grade teachers at Donelson Elementary.  She strives to make her classroom a...

Rebecca Traywick

Grace Starnes, Journalist

Attending "fifty different colleges" didn't stop Ms. Traywick from following her dreams and becoming a teacher. Growing up in Arkansas, just over the bridge, in West Memphis, her father was a farmer. As a child, she learned how to drive tractors and do daily farm tasks. Traywick knew she wanted to be a some type of teacher but was unsure where she wanted to go for college. Mrs. Traywick jokes she...

Lynsey Fleeger

Channing Peterson, Journalist

Interviewing someone as a new student journalist can be a nerve-wracking situation, but when Ms. Fleeger smiled at the beginning of the interview, the anxiety was gone. Lynsey Fleeger makes her guests and students feel welcomed and comfortable in a learning environment.  Ms. Fleeger is a new fourth grade Math and Science teacher at Donelson Elementary. She explained that she had been teaching f...

Katherine Perry

Lyla Scobey, Journalist

Donelson Elementary teacher Katherine Perry closes her eyes as she begins to remember the story she tells of her grandmother entering America through Ellis Island in 1923. This closeness is what drives her to be an English as a Second Language (ESL) teacher. "In the general ed classroom, I had a lot of students who were second language learners. I felt drawn to them, mostly because my own grandmoth...

Danielle Kinningham

Napoleon Richardson, Sports Journalist

Danielle Kinningham, is a determined teacher with one thing on her mind. "When you see that aha moment in students, there's just nothing like it. You actually feel like, okay, I did something today. I didn't just teach these kids, they actually learned it and grasped the content." Danielle.Kinningham is determined to stand out from the crowd during her first year at Arlington Community Schools....

Tiger Life • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to Tiger Life
$250
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

AHS TigerLife intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards.
All TigerLife Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *