Nepo Richardson

TigerLife Sports Journalist

Nepo Richardson is in Ms. Robert’s Sports Media class, and I got to interview him about what goes on in that class.

Nepo is a junior at Arlington High School. Outside of school, he does football for the AHS football team. He took Film his freshmen year, and then in his sophomore year, he took Film 2. He enjoyed those classes so much, that he decided that his Junior year, he was going to take 2 Film classes- Sports Media and Digital Journalism. I talked to him about what goes on in his Sports Media class and what his favorite/least favorite parts were.

“My favorite thing is communicating with people  I like the people I get to talk to everyday. They’re all super nice to me so the communication aspect of this class is really great. One of my favorite projects so far has been Athlete of Arlington posts because I get to go meet people that I don’t know and ask them a question  It’s a great way to make new friends and communicate with new people.” Nepo says. He talks about how communication is such a big part about the class. He had to learn how to communicate for a project in a professional, and friendly, manner.

In the future, he hopes to go into something in the medical field that has to do with children. “Sports media is helping me with my communication skills, which is something I need for my future job, especially with students in other schools like AES and AMS.”

“My least favorite project so far has been writing sports articles. They take way too much time to write and it is way too much work, so I would have to say that’s the most challenging part.” He goes on to talk about how much time it takes to finish these articles and how challenging they are to finish and turn in.

Nepo talked about advice he would give people taking the class and things he wanted them to know before they take the class. “Some advice I would give to others would be to stick with it. It’s hard the first year, but once you get into the swing of things, it is so much easier.” He talks about the time it takes but also explains that it is worth it in the end. “Sometimes after school, you have to stay overtime to finish a project or an assignment, so there are times that I have to miss out on hanging out with friends. But it’s worth it. I love the class and Ms. Roberts”

“This class taught me how to self organize and keep myself paced. A lot of kids don’t know how to prioritize certain things. And in this class, everything is self paced. You get all of your projects at the beginning of the quarter and are expected to get them done on your own time. So if you don’t get it done by the end of the quarter, that’s on you. I have no regrets. I love this class and has helped me a lot”

Tiger Life • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to Tiger Life
$250
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

AHS TigerLife intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards.
All TigerLife Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *