Food Trucks in the Rotunda?

Ava Cowan, Journalist

Business Management students spent 16 weeks creating their own food trucks. After spring break, students returned and displayed their businesses in the rotunda for others to view. The groups of students competed for the most investments. Mrs. Lamb passed out money for other students to judge the business pitches and invest into their favorite business. 

While creating a food truck and competing amongst peers for the most fake money may sound fun. Mrs. Lambs students worked extensively on their projects. “The students spent 16 long weeks learning the process and creating their own food trucks. The students completed; executive summary, logo, company name, management plan, company description, product plan, mission statement, vision statement, industry overview, competitive analysis, marketing analysis, price place and promotion analysis, profit/ loss statements, operational financial growth and contingency plans, flyers, posters, business cards, and they actually went grocery shopping for their food truck.” Mrs. Lamb wanted to give the students the most real world experience when creating their business.

After the tiring 16 weeks, students still spoke about their projects with a smile. When asking Landon Johnson about the process, he said, “I really enjoyed it, it was a lot of work, but it was fun being able to create any food truck I wanted and getting to compete for the most investments.”

“I really enjoyed it, it was a lot of work, but it was fun being able to create any food truck I wanted and getting to compete for the most investments.”

He later went on to explain that he has worked in the food industry for two years, and has a passion for it. Mrs. Lambs project helped him realize that he is capable of opening his own food business, and the steps in order to do so.