Categories:

Missing Money

Missing Money

It was a hot and humid day and the football players were just finishing up practice. Football player and wrestler for Arlington High school, Camden Cruea, came in to the locker room after practice. Everyone was tired and very ready to go home and relax. Cam began to leave the room and he got his wallet and phone out of his locker. Then he checked his wallet and realized 80 dollars had been taken out of his wallet. Camden was in disbelief, he was confused why someone on his own team would take money from him. Therefore, he talked to his teammates and no one knew where his 80 dollars had gone. After this, he contemplated talking to his coach, he sat at home and thought about who would’ve possibly stolen from him. He knew that talking to his coach would most likely result in punishment for the whole team. Then, he eventually decided that he would talk to his football coach about his money disappearing because none of his teammates knew. As Camden might have thought, the football coach made the players run until someone admitted to taking the money.  

When, senior football captain, Jabari Ellis was asked about the situation this is what he had to say: “I feel like its very unfortunate that that happened in the locker room and we are suppose to be brothers and when that trust is broken it hurts the team, but wise are moving past it.” When asked about the punishment he said this: “We had to different excruciating workout he made us run across the field many times, 50 up downs, more running, push-ups, planks, etc. One person on the team, Aiden, confessed to taking the money but everyone believes that he confessed to stop the punishment and that it was actually someone else.’ 

After the incident this is what Cruea had to say: “I went to play at the volley ball game after practice and I realized my money was gone.” When asked how he felt about the team now he said this: “I feel disrespected and upset that someone on my own team would do this.” 

Donate to Tiger Life
$250
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Arlington High School in Tennessee. Your contribution will allows us to cover our annual website hosting costs.