Cynthia+Wieland

Cynthia Wieland

Arlington High School welcomes new Theatre Director

Mrs. Cynthia Wieland decided to leap into the world of Arlington High School drama after some encouragement from parents of former students.

I just went for it and said, ‘That sounds like a great idea. I think I want to make the move to High School.’

— Cynthia Wieland

Since a very young age, she knew her life would revolve around performing. Beginning as a kid in elementary school and continuing all through college, she was involved in performances and singing. Prior to graduating, she was able to work as a student director and assistant director.

“I’ve been teaching private voice and piano and choir for over 20 years and I’ve been directing shows for almost 15 years.”

From her short time here so far, she compliments the fact that because her high school students are more experienced and mature, she doesn’t have to worry as much about if her students understand some of the higher level concepts that she’s trying to get across.

“I like being able to talk to you guys as young adults, and have good productive conversations.”

With this year being her 21st year teaching, she points out some qualities she appreciates that Arlington offers. She commented about our student government and about how involved our student council is.

“I like seeing students take charge and run activities. I feel like at my old school, students weren’t really involved in the decision making very much.”

After the passing of beloved AHS Theater teacher, Gregory Krosnes, she hopes to continue his legacy.

“The biggest goal is to just grow and expand our theater department and to grow our number of students who are on the theater path in the PAVE academy.”

Fun Fact: Mrs. Wieland has a daughter who graduated from Arlington High School, and currently attends the University of Memphis. She also has a son who is currently a junior at Arlington, and he is very active in Mr. Chipman’s choir.

Tiger Life • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to Tiger Life
$250
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

AHS TigerLife intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards.
All TigerLife Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *