Niki Cardosi

Mackenzie Kent, Staff

Niki Cardosi traded her life at a different district in order to come to Arlington Community Schools because of the things she heard about how good the environment is, and the community that is built in Arlington. Ms. Cardosi is a 7th grade math teacher at the middle school. Niki began helping her friends when she was in the tenth grade which inspired her to want to become a teacher because she saw the impact she had on others. Outside of school, Ms. Cardosi tells us, “I love crafting with ideas off of Pinterest. Anyone who has Pinterest is going to love doing crafty things. I love hanging out with my one year old niece and painting my nails, anything girly.”The biggest challenge she has faced throughout her first year of teaching at Arlington is the hours put into the job. At the district before, she was done when the students left, but she loves the challenge of getting all of her work done the day of. She says, “I love watching the students improve from the things I teach, while seeing them having a good time while doing it.” Most of the comments from students that she teaches were: “I love how Mrs. Cardosi makes learning fun, and she is cool. Her room is cool.” Overall, Niki was described as a fun, new teacher. Mrs. Wright, a co-worker of Ms. Cardosis’, says that she can tell that Niki has a fun personality, and is very good with the AMS students.