AHS Lacrosse looks to good season

Ben Earnest, Sports Journalist

The Arlington High School Lacrosse team is extremely excited to welcome back one of their members as the season is about to start. Campbell Scruggs, a defender on the lacrosse team, had a very impactful year last year.

Campbell was riding his bike home and decided to ride through a construction area as a short cut. He was riding and rode off a cliff without seeing it. He was rushed to the hospital and ended up fracturing his spine in two places.

It was a hard recovery, and no one knew how he would be when he was fully recovered or if he ever would fully recover. Rhett Culbertson, one of Campbell’s friends said, “I was so scared when I got the call from his mom. I did not know what to think or what to do. I just was so worried about if he could walk again.” Campbell had a tough but surprisingly fast recovery. He stayed in the hospital for about 4 weeks. He went home from the hospital and had to wear a back brace for 2-3 months.

The last step in his recovery was getting him to play lacrosse. Campbell trained so much and many of his friends supported him while trying to get to play. After about a year he is finally going to step on the field in the spring. Check out the Arlington Tigers Lacrosse if you want to see Campbell and other Highschoolers on the field.