Maci Webb

TigerLife Sports Journalist

Maci+Webb

Ava Cowan, Journalist

Sports Journalist Maci Webb’s passion for sports began with cheer. She has cheered for Arlington for 7 years and is now a senior. “One of my favorite high school memories is winning worlds my freshman year.” 

This is Maci’s fourth year in the media production program at AHS,  she will have completed Introduction to Film, Digital Journalism, Sports Production, and TV Production when she graduates. She also is an active member in Student Council. “I’m grateful for the freedom and opportunities I have had at AHS, it has allowed me to create so many memories.”

“I’m grateful for the freedom and opportunities I have had at AHS, it has allowed me to create so many memories.” 

— Maci Webb

“My favorite part about Sports Production is being able to give athletes the recognition they deserve through the documentaries I have created.” Maci is currently creating a documentary about two Juniors at Arlington High School; Carter Mckay and Eli Deberry, and their journey to committing only 40 minutes apart to the University of Memphis for baseball. 

Being a senior has not been easy for Maci.“Senior year has been sad, I’m just trying to hold on to the last moments of high school and really appreciate them.” Although these next couple of months may be the last that she is able to spend with all of the friends she’s made in school, she is very grateful. “Being in school with the same friends that I have had since elementary school has been so fun; watching each other grow up and learn is something I am so grateful for.”

Maci has applied to the University of Memphis and University of  Tennessee at Knoxville. She is still deciding where she will attend. However, no matter where she goes, her heart is set on majoring in Nursing. Her bubbly personality and love for caring for people is the reason why she will be pursuing this major.