Luke Eldridge, AHS Baseball Player rises above almost career ending wreck

Julianna Brower and Kaylee Sharp

Conner Ferguson is a baseball coach for the Arlington Varsity Baseball team. He speaks out on Luke Eldridge’s four wheeler wreck his freshman year. Conner says he has coached Luke for the past four years. “He’s a great kid, he always brings joy to the team, he’s always fun to be around, and I rarely see him in a bad mood”. Conner Ferguson says that when he got hurt freshman year his first reaction was to make sure he was ok. “It was kind of difficult seeing a kid like that be put down for a while.” Conner says it was devastating for the team and is glad he bounced back. Luke Eldridge is a Arlington High School Varsity baseball player. He has played baseball since he was four years old. His freshman year of high school he got in an awful life changing wreck. “It was raining hard and my buddies and I were riding some trails”. Luke then says he pulled out and didn’t look both way and a truck T- boned him and his buddy. They flew off their four-wheeler and landed on the pavement. The ambulance arrived and Luke got rushed to Leboeur Hospital. “I figured out I had a broken tubular and awful road rash”. Luke couldn’t walk for months and it was very hard for him. He had to undergo surgery and get a permanent pin in his leg. He says the hardest thing about it was not being able to play baseball. Luke says, “Baseball has done a lot for me and made many bonds with my team mates”. Luke recovered and was so happy to be back. “Baseball pushed me to recover so I could get back.” Luke is now fully recovered and finishing out his senior year.