The Digital Media Publication of Arlington High School

Tiger Life

Tiger Life

Tiger Life

Coach Moody Is Here to Stay

There are a lot of new AHS teachers and coaches this year, including Coach Jonathan Moody. He has played baseball all his life and played for AHS his senior year. When asked about his experience with the baseball team his senior year, he said it was “good; we were really close as a team, and our coaches pushed us to a 30-win season. We were one of the best teams in the state.”  This season taught him how to be a team player and how to put people ahead of himself.

He found himself at Arlington High School because the head coaching job for the baseball team was open. He stated, “It is the best coaching job in Memphis.” He said the Arlington Baseball program is is so important to him, and he wouldn’t leave his past job for just any job. Being the 3rd head coach Arlington Baseball has had in four years, the baseball team thinks he is here to stay. He started coaching at Delta State, a division college II, for two years, then coached six years at First Assembly Christian School. He was inspired to be a coach from his love of the game and his past coaches.

Coach Moody is excited for this first season with AHS baseball. He says, “I feel that we will be very successful this season.” His goal for this season is to make a positive, winning environment for the players and coaches. He is bringing in an entire new coaching staff, “I think the new coaching staff is very strong, all new coaches, including me.” When asked if he had any advice for aspiring coaches, he stated, “It’s all about the relationships, and if you are nothing about relation, then this profession is not for you. GO TIGERS!”