The Digital Media Publication of Arlington High School

Tiger Life

Tiger Life

Tiger Life

Welcoming New Teacher with High Hopes and Big Plans!

For our research we interviewed the new special needs teacher, Tyler McCoin. This is his first-year teaching and started here at Arlington High School as a special needs teacher. One day he hopes to be a part of the coaching staff of a college football team, or a P.E. teacher. Mr. McCoin states that he loves his job and there is nothing he would change about it. Outside of school he enjoys archery and BBQ, his family life at home with his wife, a baby on the way, and two dogs as he states is good.

Already, he has gained some personal relationships with the students he helps.He has learned what some students need extra help with and what they can be independent in. The specific student he is assigned to this year is working on language and how to talk normally. Mr.McCoin is honored to play, what could possibly be, a big role in his students’ lives. He was interested in working with special needs students because of the soft spot he has always had in his heart for them. His advice to people interested in working in this field is that you need to listen in school to what they tell you because you will find it important, and you just need to stay patient with the students.

AHS is very happy and excited to have Mr. McCoin as a new member of the AHS staff, and eager to see how he can help his students. With his mom being a former teacher, he has plenty of experience in this environment. His favorite part about his job is interacting with the students and connecting with them, but his least favorite part is waking up early. Although, he is inspired and always supported by his loving wife. We will be cheering on Mr. McCoin as he progresses through his next years with his students as an Arlington Tiger.