The Digital Media Publication of Arlington High School

Tiger Life

Tiger Life

Tiger Life

Back With a Boom

Coach Moody is determined to win! An Arlington High School alumnus, Jonathan Moody, has come full circle and is back at AHS as a teacher and coach. During his time at the high school, he played on the varsity baseball team. He says, “The team was close, and we pushed each other to a thirty-win season.” Coach Moody says that baseball has taught him many important life lessons. For example, how to be a team player and to put others’ needs ahead of his own.

Coach Moody decided his senior year of college what he wanted to be: a baseball coach. He says it wasn’t only his love of the game that inspired him to become a coach, but also his past coaches who had a great influence on him. He coached baseball for two years at his alma matter, Delta State University, and six years at First Assembly Christian School. Now, he is back at Arlington and looking to make improvements to the team.

Coach Moody says the goal for this season is to make a positive, winning environment for the players and coaches. When asked how he found himself coaching and teaching at AHS, he says “I think it’s the best job in Memphis, baseball-wise. I wouldn’t leave my [old] job for any job.” He thinks the coaching staff will differ this year because everyone is new, which creates a strong line. He believes the team will be successful and determined due to the results of last year. The Tigers look forward to an amazing year and can’t wait to see the effects he has on the school. When asked if he had anything to add, he cheered, “GO TIGERS!!!”