The Digital Media Publication of Arlington High School

Tiger Life

Tiger Life

Tiger Life

Will this year be different? Will Ole Miss put up a fight?

The Ole Miss vs LSU game is starting to take a toll on fans. October 22, 2022 of last year, was an upsetting night for Ole Miss Football. They played a tough opponent, the LSU Tigers, and lost 20-45. LSU has always been a tough competitor for Ole Miss, but this year could change history.

Ole Miss plays LSU in two weeks at home. The last time they won against the Tigers in the Vaught Hemingway stadium was in 1998. Fans are having different opinions about this upcoming competition, not knowing what to think just knowing what to hope for. Luke McBride, a senior at Arlington High School, shares his thoughts, “I hope that Ole Miss will win. I think they will, but it will be a close game. I would say Ole Miss is going to win by a touchdown.” Luke then includes, “We have played better competition than LSU so far and we will be ready. Our QB will also have a huge effect on this game.” Ole Miss fans have spoken their minds, but LSU fans say something different.

Photo Credit: Tammy Anthony Baker
Photo Credit: RebelNation1947

A junior at Arlington High School, Jacksen Lyons, believes LSU will take over this game. “I am predicting that LSU will wins by two or three touchdowns. Although Ole Miss has a solid offense, LSU has a great defense that will shut them down.” Jacksen supports LSU because, “from the start of my love for football, LSU has been my favorite team to watch and support.”

These two skilled, high levels team will put their hard work into this game hoping for a different result. Ole Miss definitely will because as Wyatt Guess, a former Arlington High School student, says, “Ole Miss is coming from a tough loss against Alabama and Jaxon Dart has something to prove.” This game on September 30, 2023, will be a stressful day in Oxford, Ms.