Coach Tommy Miller: A New Coach for Arlington Football

Coach Tommy Miller opens with a big smile. He says, “Favorite thing about Arlington High School has got to be the people.” He talks about the encouragement of the people and players at Arlington High School. He talks about how he loves just the overall support from the players, students, and admin at Arlington High School.

Starting Quarterback, Grant Buchannan, backs up new coach, Tommy Miller. Grant talks about how he feels Coach Miller has changed the culture of Arlington. He states, “I could tell he truly cared and wanted to change the culture around here on the first day that I met him.” Grant then says. “I am always able to ask questions.”  He loves the fact that he can ask Coach Miller any questions or concerns that he may have, and Coach Miller will come back to him with supportive words and encouragement and make him a better player.

Miller then goes to talk about the strong male figures he has or had in his life who made him the man he is. He exclaims, “Strong male figures I had in my life, obviously my dad, when I got to college I had a strength and conditioning coach, John Arcy, that was very influential. He says that faith is very important in his life and has made a huge impact on his life as well. After talking about what has made him the man he is he talks about work ethic and expectations he has for his players inside of the school doors. He states how its very important to him and the other coaches that his players will focus on the task in front of them. No matter what class they are in they will focus on that class they are in and not focus on football as much.

Grant talks about Coach Miller, saying, “His attention to detail is huge.” He talks about how they didn’t have that last year and it has really showed this year. Grant talks about how Miller encourages him and teaches him constantly. Miller then backs this up, surrounding communication. He replies, “The team chemistry we have, we are like a family, everyone pulls for one another.” They all root for each other and continue to build each other up, and this is very important on Coach Miller’s football team.

To watch more about new Varsity Head Coach Tommy Miller, watch our video at YouTube at this link. https://youtu.be/-MMjkFXEmbI