The Digital Media Publication of Arlington High School

Tiger Life

Tiger Life

Tiger Life

Arlington Cheerleaders Take On Disney

Every year, Arlington High School’s varsity cheer team goes to Orlando, Florida to compete in the Universal Cheerleaders Associations (UCA) National High School Cheerleading Championship (NHSCC). This year, they leave Tennessee and head for Florida on February 7th and return on the 13th.

The girls are more than thrilled for their trip and can’t wait to spend more time together as a team. “I’m so excited to experience nationals with this team for the first time,” says Ava Daniel, a first-year member of the varsity cheer team. All that’s been heard from the cheerleaders is excitement for their upcoming trip.

Arlington’s cheer team advanced straight to finals during the NHSCC in 2022 and are hopeful they can do just as good this year. “We’ve been working so hard. I’m so proud to be on a team with these girls,” says Daniel, “Everyone is excited and ready.”

Upon going to Orlando for the competition, the team also gets to go to Disney World. “I think we go to Epcot the first day there. It’s our team bonding before Nationals.” Daniel said. They typically get matching Disney outfits too, so they can feel more like a team. The experience is a combination of fun before the pressure is on, and forming a sense of trust between teammates.

The team is ready and prepared for this exciting championship. Make sure to wish them luck and stay up to date on how they’re doing throughout next week. Go Tigers!