Brad Smith

Brad+Smith

Zach Baker, Journalist

“I’m very excited to be a part of the ACS school system, and to be the head coach at AHS. GO TIGERS!!!!”

— Brad Smith

While some adults aspire to work in an office, manual labor, or a hospital. Coach Brad Smith is the head baseball coach and wellness teacher here at Arlington High School. Before AHS, he was the head baseball coach, and teacher, at Tipton Rosemark Academy. He is 43 and lives in Covington, Tennessee. He also has 3 kids. Brody, his son, plays 9u baseball for EBC.

Coach Brad began coaching at the JV level. He began his career in 2000. “I began coaching baseball when I finished playing college ball because I love the game and wanted to stay active in baseball for as long as I can”, said Brad when asked when he began coaching. When asked his favorite coaching moment, he replied, “One of the top moments would have to be winning the sub-state series against Knoxville Webb in 2018. We lost the first game of a best of 3 series, then came back to win 2 in a row to qualify for the state tournament.”

When asked what his dream job would be, he answered, “I don’t know if I have a “dream job,” I really don’t feel like I get up and go to work every day. Because I enjoy what I do, I just feel like I get up and have the opportunity to teach/coach today.” Coach Brad has had tons of success in his not-so-long career, taking Tipton Rosemark to state several times in his tenure. Here were Coach Brad’s final remarks; “I’m very excited to be a part of the ACS school system, and to be the head coach at AHS. GO TIGERS!!!!”. Coach Brad will continue to change lives of many young student-athletes.