New AHS Teacher Article

Kaitlyn Gray, AHS Journalist

Arlington High School has been experiencing many different procedures along with gaining new teachers. Mrs. Brittany Thomasson is a new teacher this year at AHS after talking with her dear friend, Demetri Faulkner and is excited to start teaching the students.

“ I teach 9th and 12th grade English. I am the co-teacher for both classes.”

She has always loved to teach and wanted to become a teacher. She had many excellent role models when she was younger and was inspired by her teachers to start her educational career.

“My degree is in Special Education, which I can teach as a co-teacher.”

“ I had amazing teachers growing up that became role models for me. I also love to see kids learn and grow throughout the year.”

AHS is very warm and welcoming to everyone. Everyone makes you feel like they genuinely care about who you are and how you are doing.

— -Brittany Thomasson

She has been teaching for a total of seven years at different schools.

“I taught one year at West Memphis at the High School and five years at Youth Villages.”

She enjoys the classroom and loves to help her students have fun while learning.

“ I would describe the perfect student as someone that is willing to learn and grow during the school year.”

She lives in Cordova with her husband who continues to motivate her in all ways especially through these tough times. Once everything goes back to normal, she has many plans.

“I will go to the Social Security office. I want to change my last name to my married name, but I haven’t been able to because of Corona.  Lastly, She has some words of wisdom for any new and upcoming teachers.

“Don’t take things too personally and find one good thing in every day. Your students have bad days like everyone else. Sometimes, they last out and its not even about you. Teaching is hard, so acknowledging one good thing about each day makes you remember that you are making a difference.”