Stephanie Prince

Hailey Harrison, Staff

A seventh grade Social Studies teacher at Arlington Middle School, Stephanie Prince is spending her first year with the Arlington Community School system. She lists the credentials she has to be able to teach:

“In order for me to become a Secondary Teacher, I had to have a degree in History and then take enough Graduate classes to get my teaching license. I went ahead and earned a Master of Teaching in Secondary Education. Even after receiving my teaching license, I have had to periodically take subject area courses in order to add teaching endorsements to my license.”

Before coming to Arlington, she says,

“I have taught for Memphis City Schools, Shelby County Schools, and Monroe County Schools. I have also taught 9th grade World History, 9th grade Statewide Dual Credit World History, 8th grade Social Studies, and U.S. Government.”

Outside of teaching, Prince enjoys reading, working in her yard and watching Kdramas. She has a husband and three sons. She also says that she lives right down the street from her parents. Prince also loves watching Tiger Basketball! Something students would be surprised to know about her is that in her early twenties, she was an assistant camp director in East Tennessee and got to go rafting on the Ocoee River every week.

Even when I am not officially “teaching”, I like to help others. I am a people person.

— Stephanie Prince

“I estimate I have been whitewater rafting over 50 times!”

When asked about how Covid-19 has affected her school year so far, Prince says,

“I have had to rethink how to arrange my classroom to comply with the social distancing guideline. I also have to come up with creative ways to allow my students to work collaboratively while staying six feet apart.”

Prince plans on staying at Arlington until she retire from teaching, and she hopes students will remember how much she cared for them after they leave her classroom. Outside of school, Prince says that teaching has impacted her life because she feels like a teacher everywhere she goes.