AHS Alumni Story Mitch Davis

Dylan Keith, Staff

When it comes to covering your favorite sports teams, Arlington High School Alumni Mitch Davis is your guy. Growing up watching his favorite teams, the Memphis Tigers and the Kentucky Wildcats, sports have always been in his blood. His greatest feature being a Sports Journalist, is that he understands all sports and has no problem covering any of them. “I was always around sports at some capacity growing up. If it has a ball and they keep score, I love it.”

Davis graduated from Arlington High School in May of 2015, and got a quick start to his Sports Journalism career while attending. When he was 16, Davis started his own blog called Bleacher Buzz, covering a wide variety of college sports.

His Journalism career wasn’t all of a sudden, he had dreams of covering college sports since a toddler. “When I was a kid, I would always go back and listen to old Kentucky basketball games with Carlos Ledford on the call. Ever since those days, it was my dream to do this. Ledford is a famous sports announce, who influenced Davis to get into his line of work.

Currently, he is employed by Rivals.com, the biggest sports analysis site in the nation, and runs his own website and Podcast called TheMitchDavisShow, which he started the podcast when he was just 19 years old. “The first episode on my podcast was terrible and I had no idea what I was doing, but since then I’ve been very blessed to grow my brand into what it is now.” Davis plans to expand his brand with special guests on his podcasts, and to give fans an inside daily look at their favorite sports teams.

I’m extremely blessed to have found a true love for every team and what they bring to the table and landscape of college athletics.

— Mitch Davis

Davis gets to watch games from the press box and sidelines of stadiums and arenas, whether it’s a high caliber Kentucky Wildcat team, or a much anticipated bowl game that he is covering. “I have been extremely blessed to cover Kentucky several times through multiple sports, and I’m extremely blessed to have found a true love for every team and what they bring to the table and landscape of college athletics.”

Like many others, COVID-19 altered how Davis would approach writing about sports. With no sports being played, this was a hard task to complete. “I was taught at a very young age to bloom wherever I was planted, so I tried to get creative in doing what I love. COVID-19 has taught me the importance of getting creative in pursuit of a brand that I can be proud of.” To expand on his podcasts, Davis launched TheMitchDavisShow website during the pandemic.

Just a 24 year old, Mitch Davis has many dream and aspirations yet to be achieved, and is very happy he gets to be involved with his first love: sports. “Chase your dreams, don’t be afraid to swing the bat. Sports Journalism can be a cruel world but at the end of the day, its worth it. It wont be easy, but trust me, its worth it.”