Media Arts Students of the Month for Semester 1 of 2021

The Arlington High School Media Arts Department recently held a Semester 1 Awards Ceremony, where there were some surprise announcements at the end. While students snacked on goodies, Mr. Ashbee revealed that the four Media Arts Teachers had selected students to win “Student of the Month” awards to honor their hard work shown in Semester One. “We started this Media Arts Student of the Month Celebration to showcase students who has shown incredible growth and leadership in both the classroom and Live-Streaming opportunities. We want to acknowledge those students’ achievements,” says Patrick Ashbee, Media Arts Department Chair.

Not only do they work hard themselves, they empower other students with that same mentality. And that’s why they are Students of the Month.

— Jessica Roberts

The TigerLife Media program offers students a multitude of  opportunities to grow and excel in media production. The Upper Level students participate in Television Productions, Community Access TV Shows, Live-streaming sporting events, Digital Journalism media work, and advanced film productions. Media Arts Teacher Jessica Roberts says, “TigerLife prides itself on being student-directed and student-produced Media productions. We believe in empowering students to achieve high-quality work they are proud of, and want the community to appreciate. These students are the top of that list; not only do they work hard themselves, they empower other students with that same mentality. And that’s why they are Students of the Month.”

Congratulations to these Media Arts students: (from Left to Right)

Justin Byers, Ethan Dunlap, Jake Stoope, Roman Cleary and Marc-Vincent Santiago.