Arlington High Applies for Special Recognition

Arlington High School has recently applied for the opportunity to be an Apple Distinguished School.

David Latham, Executive Director

In today’s world, technology plays a critical role in education. Schools around the world have increased utilizing technology in the classroom. Arlington High School is taking this to heart and has applied to become an Apple Distinguished School.

The Apple Distinguished School program is a prestigious recognition given to schools that have demonstrated exceptional leadership and innovation in the integration of Apple technology into their learning environments. Schools that are accepted into the program receive a range of benefits, including access to Apple’s educational resources and technical support. Apple sates “Apple Distinguished Schools are centers of leadership and educational excellence ​that demonstrate Apple’s vision for learning with technology — and we believe they are some of the most innovative schools in the world.”

The application process for the program is difficult and requires schools to demonstrate their commitment to technology. Arlington High School has already made significant progress in these areas, having implemented a range of Apple technologies into its classrooms, including iPads, Macs, and Apple TV. Arlington High School Film Department seniors are currently working on the application video interviewing students and faculty across the school to showcase how Arlington is one of the most innovative schools in the world.

If accepted into the program, the school would join a small group of schools around the world that have been recognized for their innovation. It would also provide an opportunity for Arlington to continue to grow with technology and education, setting an example for other schools to follow.