Tiger Life

West TN Fall Leadership Conference

Dawson Stowman, Twitter Manager

The TN CTSO Fall Leadership Conference was held at the Memphis Cook Convention on September 26th and ten of our very own HOSA members attended this conference with Ms. Scherffius. AHS students in FCCLA, FBLA, and DECA also attended the conference.

The students that attended were broken up into groups with students from all over West Tennessee. These students then got to hear from different key speakers and leaders from Tennessee. Many of our students were grateful that they were able to go.

Kaitlyn Bruce, 11th grade HOSA member, said that she was “so grateful for the opportunity to attend the conference” and that it really opened her eyes on new ways to be a great leader! Hayden Shipman, an 11th grade HOSA representative, said that he learned so much from the conference. He said that he was taught that emotional intelligence, such as when to be empathetic or compassionate, is essential to be successful in life. He thanked Ms. Scherffius with much gratitude after the trip.

The TN CTSO Fall Leadership Conference was a hit amongst our fellow Arlington students and we have no doubt that many of them will want to attend the conference next year.

About the Writer
Dawson Stowman, Twitter Manager

Dawson Stowman is a senior at Arlington High School. Dawson is a Christian and is very
involved with his church. He enjoys playing basketball and fortnite, but he loves to be with his friends the
most. One interesting thing about Dawson is that he has a twin brother named Noah!