From Tigers to Tigers

Graduation+Hat

Storyblocks.com

Graduation Hat

Landon Williams, Snapchat Manager

At AHS, seniors are making their college decisions. As with every graduating class, seniors are going to places all around the United States. Some Tigers, though, have decided to stay close to home and attend the University of Memphis this fall. Senior Abigail Martin discussed why she made the decision to stay a Tiger.”(Attending Memphis) allows me to move out and live on my own without being too far from family and help if I need.”

Being comfortable when in college is an important factor to a lot of graduating seniors. Also, the affordable cost and family aspect is very attractive to students. “I can stay close with my family and it’s also really affordable.”

While some people have dream schools, a lot of people, like Abigail, end up making a decision that would surprise them. “I didn’t think I wanted to (go to Memphis) originally but after looking at the costs and programs I decided it was the best fit for me.”

Even if students decide Memphis is not for them, higher education is very important to most AHS students. Seniors know having a degree is essential to most jobs. “Having a degree of any kind will give me a lot more opportunities later in life and I will be more likely to get a job especially in the field I want to.”