Jacey Bouldin

Jacey+Bouldin

Kendall Taylor, staff

You wouldn’t think that a 17 year old high schooler would want to actually attend school five days a week rather than staying home but for high schooler, Jacey Bouldin, that is exactly what she wants. I personally don’t like being at home this much. I would way much prefer being at school five days a week.

I personally don’t like being at home this much. I would way much prefer being at school five days a week.

— Jacey Bouldin

Jacey is a hard working student would who is a part of the Student Council, Collegiate Acadomy, HOSA, National Honor Society, and many more clubs.

With the new schedule of being in and out of school because of the Covid-19, the participation in these clubs that she expected along with her senior year is likely not to happen.  “I like in school days better because I actually get to be in the building and seeing my teachers face-to-face. I just wish we could participate in clubs and organizations.”

Although the new schedule change has many challenges, Jacey has always been a top student and does not think that her grades will be effected. The stress level, however, that has been put on her and other students and teachers is “certainly higher.”

“The challenge is that economics is a completely new subject to me and I’m jumping in at the college level. However, I am handling it by studying extra hard and using college board resources to study.”

Jacey is determined to be successful this year and hopes other students can follow her mentality.

“I am a student who will find a way to be successful no matter what, but I think that this new schedule may hurt other students learning. I hope they can be successful too.”