Charlotte R.

Charlotte+R.

Cassidy McKeegan, Staff

I learn more and feel more energized on school days and get my busy work done on virtual days.

— Charlotte Rector

Due to COVID-19 Arlington High School made adjustments to their schedule to keep their students safe, but not all students are happy or excited about these new changes. For this article, I was able to gather Charlotte Rector’s thoughts on the new changes happening at AHS.

Charlotte Rector is a junior at AHS. She is involved in French Club, Beta Club, and TSA. On top of that she cheers and works at Memphis Pride.

“This year is very different from last year, that’s for sure,” Charlotte tells us. With the new schedule, Charlotte attends school on Wednesdays and Fridays and stays home for virtual school days on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. For virtual days, she wakes up around 7-8am, and she finishes her work around 2-2:30. On the contrary, she has to wake up at 6:00 and leave her house by 6:35 to make it to school on time.

During this school year several students, including Charlotte, have been extremely overwhelmed with the amount of work teachers are giving. “Some of my teachers are not even teaching. They give us notes and videos to learn off of,” she states. Not only does Charlotte have to worry about teaching herself new material, she also has practice for her cheer team. To go off of that she also believes that, “our teachers are giving us extra busy work.” She finds it extremely stressful to try and complete assignments by the end of the day, and having to attend practice that doesn’t end till 8:30. There are some classes that Charlotte struggles in. Most of these classes she finds difficult are the classes that barely teach and overload her with work, like she said earlier. She is still trying to find the best way to overcome these challenges.

Between virtual days and in-school days Charlotte finds it hard to decide which one she prefers. She tells us, “I learn more and feel more energized on school days and get my busy work done on virtual days.” Even though the virtual days give her more challenges, she still enjoys the at-home environment. Charlotte believes that this schedule can be successful if we can adjust to it and figure out the kinks.