New Virtual Guidance Sign-ups!

New Virtual Guidance Sign-ups!

Jayde Hensley, Sports Journalist

Arlington High School has made many changes this year to be able to accommodate students during the Covid-19 season.

Before COVID, seniors signed a book in order to meet with the Guidance counselors about colleges and questions. The AHS Guidance Counselors have created a new system, using a scheduling website Calendly, that allows students to safely sign up online for a meeting with Mrs. Chisum or Mrs. Dixon. “I think that it is working well!  The seniors have the flexibility and control of the date and time that they meet with their counselor,” stated Mrs. Chisum when asked how she believes the new way of scheduling is working.

The students are still able to meet face to face with the counselors, but with safety precautions. The counselors remain behind their desks, which have a covering as an extra protectant, and both participants must be wearing masks. Mrs. Chisum told us that, “Yes, I am very happy that I still get to meet with seniors!  At this critical time of their senior year, application/recommendation season, it is vitally important that seniors have access to me and I have access to them. We want what is best for our students, especially our seniors with how stressful and confusing this new way of living is.”