New Head Boys Basketball Coach, Blaine Brewer

Ava Douglas, Journalist

As it may be getting colder outside, it is heating up in the gym for the Tigers. It is a year of transition and things are off to a great start with new head basketball coach Blaine Brewer. Moving from three years experience of being the assistant coach, this is his first year as being the head coach for the Arlington Tigers. He has coached at East Ridge High, Chattanooga Middle and High school, as well as East Hamilton Middle and High School. All together, Brewer has been coaching for 11 years. Brewer is so excited to grow and get better each game. He says “Since we are a very young team, we can just keep getting better.” Brewer also says, “My intentions for this season are to continue to get better, even as it is hard to have lost some sophomores and juniors along the way. Then, as well as get the freshmen in position to where they can contribute to JV and varsity next year.” Brewer thinks that working hard is key to success. His advice to future coaches is “Never be too hard on the players, but also don’t be too easy of them. You have to find your middle ground.” Lastly, Brewers advice to future players is, “Keep your grades up, work hard, stay in shape, and have the right mindset.” This season will be a great time for the tigers and a great start for Brewer!