Jordan Barnes AHS Alumni Continues His Baseball Career in Arlington

Ava Cowan, Journalist

After graduating Arlington High School in 2014, attending Northwest Community College, and playing for the New York Yankees minor legue baseball team, Jordan Barnes has returned to his hometown to comtine his passion for baseball with his training business Barnes Pro Performance.

“The biggest thing I hope to acomplish with Barnes Pro Performance is to help these kids grow and become the best athletes they can on and off the field, and to be successful people in todays society.”

During his time playing for the New York Yankees minor league system, he suffered a career ending injury. “This was begining of the 2016 season, playing in a game, I hit a ball through the middle of the field. As I go to run out of the box my foot just basically snapped. I had a torn plantars plate on the ball joint of my foot.” Though Jordan expected to play baseball profesionally for much longer, he gave everthing he had to the game during his career. “Everyday I went out and put my uniform on I played as hard as I could. So when it came to an end, my heart was full.”

“Just after baseball, you ask yourself; whats my next chapter? It was obvious to me that my next chapter was something baseball related. It was a no brainer to me to go full time into training kids. Here it is today, 3 years in, and it’s been one of the best things I’ve ever done.”  Just two minutes down Airline Rd from Arlington High is locally owned gym and baseball training facility “The Yard,” where Jordan trains all of his athletes. “The biggest thing for me, is teaching these kids that they are able do whatever they want to do in this game. I had a bunch of guys, in my career that did the same for me, and that’s why I was fortunate enough to play as long as I did.”