Trashion Show- Marlee Brewer

Holli Boeve, Journalist

Arlington Highschool’s Fashion Club hosted a show of environmental ways to create fashion. They used pieces of trash to create new ways to show off outfits. The club wanted to show ways to save the environment and promoted recycling. Each student used recycled pieces to create unique pieces of attire.

Marlee Brewer is a junior at Arlington High, and is a designer and model in Arlington’s Fashion Club. This past Wednesday she got to show off her creations in the “Trashin show.” She modeled a corset with pants, and another student modeled a dress she had made. This show consisted of making outfits from discarded items. She used can tabs and chains to create the corset, and caution tape to create the pants.

“The show was a perfect way to connect with people who have the same interest in fashion as me.”

Marlee loved the idea of the show because it was made to be sustainable. It showed off environmental ways to create fashion. The club promotes saving the environment. Every student made an outfit essentially out of trash for this purpose. Students filled the auditorium to support and watch everyone show off their outfits.

“It was so great to see everyone’s ideas bounce off of each other to create the perfect outfit.”

Marlee wants her future career to revolve around fashion. She took this opportunity to test her creativity. She sowed all of the pieces herself. It took months of planning and perfecting her ideas before she could bring them to life. Her success has fueled her passion for fashion and given her encouragement for the future.

“Everybody should do Fashion Club next year!”