Life on Stage – A Demicrion Story

Malik Sharif, Journalist

Arlington High School’s underground mascot makes waves when he appears, Demicrion is an icon.

Demicrion is a stuffed bear that shares his life online and with the rest of the Arlington student body. Demicrion currently has 143 followers on Instagram who have named themselves, “the Demicrites”, who follow his every move on social media. Demicrion started his media life on Oct 27, 2021, he often travels to New Orleans, Florida, Atlanta and makes round trips every year. Demicrion’s theme songs are “Poppin my Collar” by Three 6 Mafia and “Fly as Me” by Silk Sonic. His favorite color is mint green because of his love of money.

The manager of Demicrion, Ryan Khun, started his whole career off of filming class projects and being an art student at Arlington. Demicrion was originally created in Mainland China and was imported to the United States by Ryan.

Demicrion gave my life purpose, before Demicrion I was a lost soul but now I strive to be better like him everyday.

— Ryan Khun

Demicrion loves to take pictures with fans, and even has a whole Instagram page dedicated to his adventures around the world. His most acknowledged fan is Abbie Ahlbrandt who is an art student at Arlington High School. “Demicrion is the coolest bear on the block. He’s a trend setter, an icon, and the moment.” – Abbie Ahlbrandt

Demicrion’s eyepatch is a key part to his signature look, it’s the reason so many people are able to recognize the much talked about bear. Demicrion was able to acquire the eyepatch through his many adventures through the world. The person who made the eyepatch specifically for Demicrion was Abbie, who is a close friend of Ryan Khun.

Demicrion’s fans, Camilla Perez and Jared Cole, play a very active part in Demicrion’s following. They always search to find him in places you cannot expect and they hold him up just to take a picture with him. They have been fans for a while and love to see him. He brightens their day and because of Demicrion, they have motivation to come to school. “He’s very energetic and always knows how to party and he puts everyone in a good mood. He is kind of bossy though, but it’s ok because he’s cool.” – Camilla Perez

To see Demicrion’s journey through social media, follow @Demicrion on Instagram!