Arlington High Art Show

Cadence Cleveland, Journalist

Arlington High School recently held its annual Art Show, featuring a vast collection of artistic works created by the school’s talented students. The exhibition, which was held in the school’s rotunda, attracted a large crowd of parents, students, and art enthusiasts.

“My portfolio is an expansion of an original piece of artwork I made in Art 1, which was called the ‘Solar System Cafe’. In that piece I replaced all the human heads with planet heads.”

— Aaliyah Ware

The show featured a variety of art forms, including paintings, drawings, mixed media, and photographs. One of the featured artists, Aaliyah Ware, wrote in her description of her work, “My portfolio is an expansion of an original piece of artwork I made in Art 1, which was called the ‘Solar System Cafe’. In that piece I replaced all the human heads with planet heads.” Aaliyah Ware is an AP Studio Art student and her work in the show was noticed by many. “To portray our solar system I mainly used watercolor, assortments of color pastels, gauche, acrylic paint, and various materials such as gold/silver leaf, glass, real photos, ad feathers to incorporate synthesis in some of my pieces.” said Ware. “I researched certain qualities of each subject and also incorporated some characteristics humanity has put on our solar system through time.”

The art show was an excellent opportunity for the students to showcase their talents and gain recognition for their hard wMy portfolio is an expansion of an original piece of artwork I made in Art 1, which was called the ‘Solar System Cafe’. In that piece I replaced all the human heads with planet heads.[/pullquote]ork. It also provided a platform for them to express themselves and their feelings.

.