Aj: Life of a Athlete

Brandon Harrison, Sports Journalist

Its a close game in football “Arlington twenty-one Bartlett twenty-four!” Bartlett’s quarter-back Braylen Ragland throws the ball on third and ten and the pass is intercepted by no other than “Aj!” He has the ball running toward the endzone for the win “He’s at the Twenty…. past the ten…. five…. Touchdown Arlington!” The tigers have won against Bartlett for the first time in a while and it was all because of Aj.

Aj is a junior right now at Arlington high school going into his senior year. This season in football he wants to prove himself to start in football.

“Football is fun because I get to catch the ball and hit people all day.”

“This year I want to start and get touchdowns for the school.”

“Freshman year I played against Bartlett and helped us win with an interception.”

Aj loves the game of football because he loves to catch the ball and hit people. This year AJ wants to start for his last year at Arlington. This year he says that he’s been putting in work and getting stronger to get better so he can start his last year in Arlington. Aj says that he quit basketball and other sports to focus on his last year for football. He still works at the Wendy’s in Arlington but doesn’t work the hours he used to because football takes a lot of his time.

This year Aj plans on starting and get touchdowns for the school. last year he couldn’t do this because he says he wasn’t working hard for that spot and wasn’t at practice most of the time due to work. Because work took up most of Aj’s football time he says that he almost quit to get more time for football. Instead of quitting his job he told his boss that he wants to change his hours so he can be at practice most of the time. Aj also says this year he plans on taking care of his body so he doesn’t get injured this year.