The Digital Media Publication of Arlington High School

Tiger Life

Tiger Life

Tiger Life

Homecoming Week

Seniors+on+%E2%80%9CInside+Out%E2%80%9D+day.+
Lily Douglas
Seniors on “Inside Out” day.

Homecoming week is highly anticipated for AHS students. It consists of dress-up days, a Powderpuff game, a pep rally, a football game with a homecoming court, and a dance the following weekend. Many students begin planning outfits as soon as themes are released. “As soon as I saw the superheroes vs. villains theme, I immediately knew that I wanted to be Batman,” says student Lily Douglas.

This year’s themes are based on movies. Monday’s theme is “Teen Beach Movie,” surfers vs. bikers. Tuesday’s theme is “Sky High,” superheroes vs. villains. Wednesday’s theme is “Barbie,” Barbie vs. Ken. Thursday’s theme is “Inside Out,” class distinction. Freshmen will wear baby blue, sophomores will wear yellow, juniors will wear green, and seniors will wear red. Friday’s theme is “High School Musical,” show off your Tiger spirit. Dress code rules still apply.

The Powderpuff game will kick off Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. There are two teams- seniors vs. the underclassmen. The teams will play one 30-minute game to determine a winner. “I’m so excited for Powderpuff because I get to make senior-year memories with my friends,” says Kelsey Menard.

The AHS football team will take on the Munford Cougars Friday at 7:00 p.m. The theme for the football game is dress to impress. “I’m looking forward to seeing everyone looking snazzy,” says Ben Risley.

The homecoming court will be presented at the football game. The boy’s court will walk the field before kickoff, and the girls will walk at halftime. The King and Queen will be announced during this time. To wrap up festivities, the homecoming dance will be on Saturday, the 30th, from 8-11 p.m.