The Digital Media Publication of Arlington High School

Tiger Life

Tiger Life

Tiger Life

Homecoming Activities

Photo Credit: Amber Johnson

Homecoming and associated activities are a very exciting part of the year for Arlington students. AHS plans out the whole week leading up to the homecoming football game. It is special for the students. The school plans dress-up days, themes, pep rallies, powderpuff, and a football game dedicated to the dance. Another important activity included is homecoming court. This is where we have different nominees are voted for homecoming king and queen.

The different homecoming themes are planned out to be worn on specific days. When Thursday’s dress-up day comes, seniors can wear a superlative that starts with an “s” and put on their class distinction color.  Hannah Craig says, “My favorite theme this week is the day where we get to wear the shirts we decorated.” Seniors also get to paint jeans for “rep your school colors” day. Savana Reinoso, a student at Arlington High School, said “My favorite part about this week was painting my jeans for Friday’s theme.” On Wednesday, the powderpuff game held where the girls from all grades compete in flag football. This is a very fun and friendly game for all to watch and participate in. By the end of the week, a pep rally is held in the gym. In this event, the different sports teams are recognized by announcing all of them. They also do fun games for the students to participate in. During the homecoming football game, students get to dress in their best outfit and find out who won homecoming court. These activities show how important homecoming is for AHS and lets students participate in many different activities.