Mark E. Collins Theatre’s Seussical

Wisdom Dudley, Journalist

Oh the Thinks you can think!

— Dr. Seuss

Now one of the most performed shows in America, Seussical is a fantastical, magical, musical extravaganza! Students at Arlington High School have enthusiastically brought to life some of the world’s favorite Dr. Seuss characters, including Horton the Elephant, The Cat in the Hat, The Grinch, and more! Hardworking Arlington High School students featured in the musical, whether it be on-stage or behind the scenes, designed and constructed their unique set by hand. Every costume was thoughtfully chosen, and carefully altered to suit the needs of every character. Every light design in the show was also strategically designed for every scene by Arlington High School students. After months of preparation and hours of rehearsal, director Cynthia Weiland boasts, “everyone has worked extremely hard and I am more than proud of the work they’ve done to put together an amazing show. I can’t wait for audiences to see it”. The cast and crew are eager to showcase their hard work and perform their fantastic show!

The exciting and colorful characters transport the audience to different places in the the Dr. Seuss universe while The Cat in the Hat tells the story of Horton the Elephant and a Who child named Jojo with a wild imagination. While facing many challenges, with twists and turns, Horton must find a way to protect what he cares about while staying firm in his beliefs. Will the power of friendship, loyalty, and family be enough? Find out in Seussical, a musical fun for the whole family!

Come see Arlington High School’s Mark E. Collins Theatre Perform Seussical the musical March 30th – April 1st at 7pm, and 2pm on April 2nd