The Digital Media Publication of Arlington High School

Tiger Life

Tiger Life

Tiger Life

Boys Soccer Kicking Off

Boys soccer season is in full swing at Arlington High School.

Their first pre-season game took place on February 22 against Evangelical Christian School. The boys took the win with a score of 3-0.

JV Head Coach, Philip Richmond, says, “We’ve been preparing for this season by doing a lot of conditioning to start. After tryouts, we started doing some passing patterns to work on making sharper, quicker passes to each other. We’ve worked on our formation to make sure we know where to be when put into certain situations.”

The boys didn’t make it as far as they hoped last season when put out of districts by the Bartlett Panthers. They are looking for redemption this year and are on the hunt for any opponent that crosses their path.

Varsity Head Coach, Duncan Nichol, says, “The team should have a great season this year as we have the majority of our starting lineup from last year returning, and we have added some firepower up top.”

The boys and coaching staff have high expectations for the season and are expecting to succeed in their games. They plan to take down their opponents and do whatever it takes.

Coach Duncan says, “If everyone buys onto the system and commits to each other, we should be in the running for the district and hopefully a chance to go to state.”

The boys have been working hard for this season and are ready to pounce on anything that comes their way.

The first in-season game will take place March 28 vs Millington, after the team attends the Southern Coast Cup in Gulf Shores, AL.